Below is the 2019 Robotics inspired Science Education (RiSE) Competition challenges ORIGINALLY sent out at the end of January this year.
Please find also links to ARC and MGCS Challenges for RiSE 2019. It is the most challenging and exciting ever. This has been specially designed by Kojo Anyinan Boateng to bring the the RiSE and WRO concepts of navigation, obstacle detection and avoidance, colour detection, objects grabbing and lifting.
In order to do well, teams will have to incorporate among other things:
- Firstly, ensure that there are at least 2 strategists on the team; their job will be to thoroughly understand the rules and plan how to execute EVEN WITHOUT the slightest knowledge of building or programming a robot
- Secondly, start the actual preparation early;
- know how to do light sensor calibration thoroughly
- know at least 3 of the navigation techniques
- know how to use the rotation sensor -this is ABSOLUTELY necessary for segmentation of your chosen route
- know to read values into a memory location for later use (call up) in your program
- know how to effectively use the colour sensors
- Thirdly, to AVOID the use of measurements of distances for robot navigation; it does NOT work well enough!! Sensors would have to be used to navigate if teams wish to do well enough
- Fourthly, to AVOID the use of measurements of distances for robot navigation; it does NOT work well enough!! Sensors would have to be used to navigate if teams wish to do well enough
- Fifthly, to AVOID the use of measurements of distances for robot navigation; it does NOT work well enough!! Sensors would have to be used to navigate if teams wish to do well enough
Use every means and opportunity available to learn any and everything you need to know; and do this quickly
- Friday, September 27 (Tamale; for the Upper West, Upper East & entire formerly Northern Regions)
- Saturday, September 28 (Accra; for the Greater Accra, Eastern and entire formerly Volta Regions)
- Wednesday, October 2 (Ashanti and entire formerly Brong-Ahafo Regions)
- Saturday, October 6 (Central and entire formerly Western Regions)
EXHIBITIONS @ ACCRA RiSE 2019
For the first time; GRAF is rolling out exhibitions of projects of teams/clubs during the RiSE Competitions to be held in Accra. Any team or club that has science projects they consider interesting and exciting should contact GRAF <email@example.com> and <firstname.lastname@example.org> not later than Friday September 6, 2019 with details (videos and write-up) for consideration exhibitions
Got questions? Do not hesitate to ask promptly!!